Saturday, January 31, 2015

Few Cooking items

Hi everyone..
Getting ready to be hit with a foot of snow  - if  the forecasters are a little more accurate than they were in New York last week :).  So I cooked up some pheasant parmesan tonight and found a few other pics on the camera too.. Some go back a few months but I'll share them anyway..
 First the Pheasant Parm...
As you know we went hunting last week and wanted to use a little differently than I had before and I had some left over frozen Bolognese Sauce and home made pasta from Christmas so I thought why not try that..

Just replaced the traditional veal or chicken with both boned out sides of a pheasant breast... breaded them in panko fried to a nice golden brown and melted some provolone over them.. Pretty tasty.














As you know from a previous post I bought a Himalayan Salt Stone and I did some scallops on it with a some "bowtie" pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil with Olive Oil..  It really worked nicely and added a definite salty subtleness to the scallops..





























I made an interesting side dish for Christmas too - roasted Sweet potatoes, Brussel Sprouts and Shallots with a little sea salt, pepper and Olive Oil.  Then made a dressing of  Pomegranate juice and Balsamic Vinegar and roasted for a few more minutes.. They were very good - if you haven't tried brussel sprouts roasted you really should give them another chance..

No comments:

Post a Comment