Sunday, August 22, 2010

Smokin' Volume II

Yep I know I am repeating myself already, but while it is still BBQ-ing time I have been trying to replicate my favorite smoked brisket. It is from a place in San Antonio TX - Rudy's. Since my dad's name is Rudy and he does a pretty mean whole hog roast I knew I was going to have to try it. When you stop in at that old gas station on your way out to La Cantera and Sea World you may not know what to expect as white linen it ain't... More like White Butcher Paper! And I wouldn't want it any other way. The Brisket is GREAT but I would be remiss if I didn't also mention their Creamed Corn - That is the best I have ever eaten anywhere.
If you're in San Antonio -look 'em up and try Rudy's. My guess is you won't be disappointed.
Anyway I tried the first time and oversmoked it - good but too dry. This time I held the temp a little lower used Pecan wood, and only smoked it about 3 1/2 hours. Looks pretty good huh??
Let me know where your favorite BBQ joint is. Perhaps it is a hidden gem too.
Until the next post.. Ike, find that bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment