Sunday, September 5, 2010

From Zero to Breakfast in 3 minutes

Hello;

So we're all real busy, taking off to work with no breakfast and stopping by your local Starbucks or coffee house for an expensive, calorie laden Mochito, Latte, Steamed Soy milk, with whipped cream and carmel morning coffee drink. Come on, do you know how much you can save by making you own healthy (heck not even healthy for that matter) breakfast wrap and your own coffee at home? We calculated that at $5 per day, 5 days a week, 4 weeks a month and 12 months a year you would spend $1200 on COFFEE. Let alone that you are getting empty calories that contribute to the mid morning crash you have been feeling?? A typical container of coffee will cost you about 1 1/2 days of your coffee budget and get you about 200 cups out of it.

OK I am off my soap box now :) but hey in about 3 minutes (while my coffee was brewing at home) with things I had in the fridge I put together a simple breakfast that I would put up against anything you get through a window and spill in your lap while driving - and keep you away from the vending machine at about 10:30.

Here are the ingredients I used today -these were all in the fridge and available - use what you have.

2 eggs
2 flour tortillas
slice of ham
2 slices of bacon
Cilantro
red pepper
shredded cheese
sour cream
salsa

I'm not going to tell you how to scramble eggs but I just want everyone to start the day out with something in your stomach, save a few $$ and recognize it doesn't take that long to start your day out right - and just think you could be a few dollars ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment