Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Recipe

Hi everyone -
Since I am waiting on some pictures to post the second installment of our South Dakota trip, I wanted to share with you the results of a new recipe I tried last night.  Since Ike and I harvest a number of birds we are always looking for ways to cook and eat them...  I got this recipe from a member of the Ultimate Pheasant Forum - http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/recipes/ and this site has an entire listing of about 60 recipes for pheasant and wild game...    (Thanks to member BirdyBritt529 for the recipe..)
Here it is:
Maple Glazed Pheasant
Ingredients:

Legs and breast of 1 pheasant, skinned
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 cups maple syrup
1 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste (I also put in about a tsp of Paprika, and some dried Rosemary and Oregano in the flour mix)
Directions: Fillet meat off of the breast and thighs. Cut the meat into pieces of the same thickness. Season the flour in a bowl with salt and pepper and dredge the pheasant meat in the mixture. Dust pheasant pieces with onion powder. Melt 3/4 cup butter in skillet over medium heat. Brown the pheasant pieces and place in a lightly oiled 9×13 glass casserole. Sprinkle with parsley.

Add the syrup and 1/4 cup butter to the skillet. Mix well until butter is melted and then pour over the pheasant (should come about halfway up on the pheasant pieces). Seal the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees. 

It was mighty tasty and looked very appealing.. 

After I took a couple pieces--- Oops busted

I made some minor changes - I boned out two whole breasts not the legs - that is what I had thawed out so that is what I used.  
With some loaded Mashed potatoes - use the sauce as a gravy












I think over risotto or wild rice would be a nice side as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment