Monday, November 5, 2012

South Dakota Trip Part 2

Back again;
Mark sent the pictures I was waiting for (thanks a bunch Mark) and I wanted to follow up on our last few day in SD.
I left off after the second day of walk in hunting with a cold and tired Ike. 
We finally got back to the hotel in Sioux Falls and got Ike fed and watered and still had to clean 3 of the pheasants we were able to bring down.  Well, I parked my truck under the lights and cleaned them on the tailgate.  In SD (as in many states) you have to leave the leg, head or wing on to identify them as a rooster - since you can't shoot the hens.  Got them cleaned and washed up and then brought out my vacuum sealer and got them sealed air tight and put in the fridge to chill. 

In lieu of a lot words, I am going to post pics with captions - that will be more fun to look at.  Just a couple of notes.  One a big thanks to Scott A and his Dad Bill for agreeing to come up on Saturday and hunt the day with us.  I know I sure enjoyed it and I think Bill and Scott did!!  Kudos to Scott for some GREAT shots too that day.  And Second, a note to Rosemary and Darryl our hosts, They took over for Judy and Ralph (Rosemary's parents) and the new house and lodge is ABSOLUTELY GREAT. The food was super and the hospitality top notch (Terry the homemade wine was really good this year).. Great time and Great people.
Well here are the pics... Enjoy:
Everybody ready to go

The new Lodge - It is really nice


BeBe the Wonder dog (and Steve D too!)

Ikey, with vest and boots under the watchful eye of Uncle Mike
Chuck and his son in law Zach It was Zach's first trip with us..


Most of our group with our former (now retired) hosts Ralph and Judy
Old Dead eye drops one
Lots of walking hope you have good boots

Our Saturday bounty... What a good time
BeBe sums it up... Man I'm bushed...


No comments:

Post a Comment