Monday, April 29, 2013

It's Grillin' Time - Finally!

Well warm weather has sure been a long time coming to Northern IL, and when it has warmed up it proceeded to rain 8 inches over 2 days so  today when the sun came out and the temperature hit the upper 70s it was time to break out (and break in) the new grill.

I decided I didn't need that big grill with the fridge and warming drawer any longer and sold it on Craig's List...  I planned on getting a smaller gas grill and perhaps getting a bigger smoker.. But while at Sears I saw this model on sale and decided to pull the trigger on it.  It is pretty cool, it has a side burner, and rotisserie as well as Sear burner so I should be all set for grilling...  But what it also has is a small oven with separate controls and burner..  Not too big but I bet it would make a pretty good batch of that new cornbread recipe I shared last month!
 All Stainless Steel and if I had natural gas piped to it, it could be converted....


The Oven is on the right side  - it even has it's own timer....  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well I broke it in with a steak and pork chop and really what I wanted to really talk about from a cooking standpoint.  Recently I have been seeing these mini-sweet peppers in resealable bags.  Small sweet peppers in red,  yellow and orange.  Even though they are small (and usually the smaller the pepper the hotter the pepper) these are not hot at all.  So I thought hey how about stuffing them with some cream cheese and roasting them.  They were GREAT but I think I will have to invest in a pepper roasting rack shortly...  Anyway - had them with some yellow corn and butter noodles with a Charred RARE Strip Steak tonight...  (Sandy had the pork chop)
Ikey watched intently from the back door.... and he sure enjoyed the nice weather - running like a mad man chasing the rabbits out of his back yard...
I know I should have more color on the plate but  it sure tasted good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment