Friday, April 26, 2013

Siopaos

Hi everyone;
Another long lag in the posting of on Cooking with Ike.  I had seen this recipe earlier on "The Cooking Channel" and was intrigued by it.  I had never had these before but it looked like a very good use of some pulled pork we had done in our new Ninja Cooking system before Easter (more on that tool later) so I just decided to thaw out the pork, and go for it.
I had boiled some of the Farm's eggs as well so I had all of the stuffing ingredients so just needed to make the dough and steam the end product.  I won't to into details of the recipe here (it was for quite a few (I cut the recipe in 1/3 and it still made a dozen of the little steamed buns...)
One thing I think is important - weigh out the size of the dough for each siopao keeping them consistent size will help in the steaming...    They were very filling and very good with some Sweet and Smoky BBQ sauce...
Here is the link to the recipe...
Siopao recipe

After steaming

See the Hard boiled egg  - wish I would have stuffed more meat in them
 

No comments:

Post a Comment