Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pork Chops in Peach Preserves

Well, now that Ike is out of commission, I decided to get back out there and do some cooking and post out this Pork Chop in Peach preserves recipe.  As you know peaches are in season now and to me there is nothing better than biting into a ripe peach with the juice running down your chin.... 
Well there might be a couple things better - like combining my love of peaches with my love of pork.   Here is a recipe for pork chops in a peach preserve glaze.   Couple of interesting ingredients - cinnamon and ginger as the rub for the pork... 
Here is what you need:

  • 1 cup peach preserves
  • 1 1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Chile Paste
  • 4 Boneless Pork Chops
  • 1 tsp ground Ginger
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • salt and pepper to taste
Now this is where I diverged from the recipe.  It said to Fry the chops in oil and deglaze the pan with the white wine.  I grilled them and added the white wine to the sauce and reduced... I will put the link in to the real recipe but this is what I did:
Looks pretty good, huh?

Allrecipes Spicy Peach Glazed Pork Chops  (I think mine look better)
oven roasted potatoes as a side
In a bowl I mixed together the peach preserves Worcestershire sauce and Chile Paste.  I added the white wine at this point.   Rinse and pat dry the pork chops and season with ginger, cinnamon, and salt and pepper.  I then put the sauce in a sauce pan and started cooking and reducing it.  I dropped the chops on a very hot grill and seared them to about rare.  After the sauce reduced about 1/3 I dropped the chops in the sauce and let them finish cooking in the sauce. It took on a beautiful amber color and thickened to a wonderful consistency.  Sweet yet tangy with the chile paste with interesting undertones from the cinnamon and ginger.  It was VERY good....

No comments:

Post a Comment