Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Have I Got a Deal for You..."

OK so I'm not trying to sell you a used car but I do want to share with you a pretty good food item we found - kind of by accident and the while Ike really doesn't have anything directly to do with this in a round about way he does... Here's the backstory.
Because I have gotten so many pheasant from our annual trips to South Dakota and the various training trips to Hickory Grove etc., our freezer was getting full. So when my lovely and coupon clipping crazy wife saw this deal at our local Jewel that said buy a small freezer for $150 and get $150 in food coupons to fill it... So, as is her way, she did her research and decided this would be a win win for all. She would get her freezer back for "ordinary" frozen food like pizzas and pork chops and I could put all my "wild animals" in my freezer so she didn't have to see them looking back at her :). So we pulled the trigger (pun intended).
Now to the "rest of the story"... The first item we purchased - and readily admit we wouldn't have even thought about this without the coupon were two bags of mini pancakes FOR FREE. They are made by De Wafelbakkers and are little silver dollar size pancakes pre-cooked, flash frozen and packaged in a big bag of 60 (2 30 count bags each inside). Microwave 8 of them on "high" for 40 seconds and they come out perfect, hot and taste just like they came off the griddle.
I think for families with small children, these would be a very handy thing to keep around for a quick and no preservative breakfast and really, what little kid doesn't like pancakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment